Introducing 12P

I2P is a scalable, self organizing, resilient packet switched anonymous network layer, upon which any number of different anonymity or security conscious applications can operate. 

Each of these applications may make their own anonymity, latency, and throughput tradeoffs without worrying about the proper implementation of a free route mixnet, allowing them to blend their activity with the larger anonymity set of users already running on top of I2P.
  • Applications available already provide the full range of typical Internet activities - anonymous web browsing, web hosting, chat, file sharing, e-mail, blogging and content syndication, newsgroups, as well as several other applications under development.
  • Web browsing: using any existing browser that supports using a proxy.
  • Chat: IRC, Jabber, I2P-Messenger.
  • File sharing: I2PSnark, Robert, iMule, I2Phex, PyBit, I2P-bt and others.
  • E-mail: susimail and I2P-Bote.
  • Blog: using e.g. the pebble plugin or the distributed blogging software Syndie.
  • Distributed Data Store: Save your data redundantly in the Tahoe-LAFS cloud over I2P.
  • Newsgroups: using any newsgroup reader that supports using a proxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment